My first blog post I am sharing a gorgeous recipe from a fellow business owner and oily enthusiast Tanya Maidment, from Green Life Organics. She has a wealth of knowledge, particularly around making raw chocolate goodies with doTERRA essential oils. These snacks are yummy, healthy and good for you!
Preparation time: 15mins
Makes 20-30 balls
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup soaked almonds or mixed nuts (e.g. walnuts, cashews, macadamias)
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maca powder (opt)
- 1 Tbsp mesquite (opt)
- 1 tsp bee pollen (opt)
- A few drops of peppermint or wild orange essential oil (opt)
- Soak nuts and dates as required then rinse.
- Blend nuts in food processor until fine, and then add dates.
- Blend for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth consistency.
- Roll into balls then roll in either desiccated coconut, then store in sealed container in fridge. Pure Bliss!
You can also roll balls in ground cashew nuts or cacao powder.