Hormones are in the endocrine system. We have glands throughout our bodies that deal with hormone production.
- Stress – head
- Sexual – male / female
- Thyroid – metabolism
- Pancreas – blood
- Thymus – immunity
If we have a small amount of imbalance in our bodies, there can be a significant physiological effect. We need hormones to be balanced. There are many hormone disruptors including:
- Poor nutrition
- Adrenal stress
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Autoimmune disease
- Insulin resistance
As we age our bodies become less efficient, so our hormones can more easily become imbalanced.
Imbalance in hormones (progesterone and oestrogen) can be caused by several reasons including:
- Lack of exercise
- Poor nutrition
- Chronic stress
- Medication (contraceptive pill)
- Insulin resistance
When oestrogen levels increase for any reason in the body, progesterone levels may drop, which causes an oestrogen dominance in the body. This can be true either way, i.e. if progesterone levels increase the same occurs but vice versa.
Oestrogen activity in women is there for…
- Puberty and sexual development
- Egg maturation
- Uterine lining
- Cycle regulation
- Bone health
- Brain function
- Neuroprotection (neurological protection)
There are different types of oestrogen – one that is naturally produced by our bodies, one that is man made. This one is found in chemicals, plastics and foods. Phytoestrogens can help block the man made xenoestrogens and occur naturally in plants. They compete and can cause us unwanted effects. Exercise will also lower the man made oestrogen.
Osteoporosis is caused by an imbalance of oestrogen and is a loss of bone mass. Resistance training can help this.
Eating leafy green veg, raw nuts and seeds and avocados among other food sources can help with balancing hormones.
doTERRAs wellness pyramid below shows what an idea lifestyle could look like – This could help with balancing your hormones.
Which doTERRA supplements and essential oils can we use for balancing hormones?
Mito 2 Max:
This supplement is for energy but has a balancing effect on our hormones.
- Its calming and gives us the proper stress responses
- Supports normal cortisol levels
- Reduces fatigue
- Reduces irritability
- Reduces sleepiness
- Improves concentration
Micro Plex VMZ:
- B vitamins in this supplement help reduce both perceived stress levels as well as biochemical markers of stress.
- Beta carotene, vitamin E, vitamin B6 and magnesium stimulate progesterone production.
- For healthy intestinal flora
- This improves metabolism of oestrogen and progesterone in the body
Phytoestrogen supplement and Alpha CRS supplement:
- These two supplements work well together to balance our hormones naturally.
- Supports healthy bones
- Has calcium, vitamin D2 and D3
- Vitamin K
X EO Mega:
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids support natural bone growth and repair.
doTERRA Essential Oils:
Balance essential oil blend:
• Spruce, ho wood and frankincense all are soothing woody blends
• Blue tansy, blue chamomile and Osmanthus are all uplifting soothing and floral blends
• These combined make balance an excellent grounding blend
• Use Daily on the feet and throughout the day
- Soothing and calming effect on menstrual cycle
- Calming aroma helps soothe and balance heightened emotions
- Helps balance moods throughout the month
- During menstruation apply to abdomen to experience and calm and soothing massage
- For moments of heat apply to skin for a cooling and soothing effect
All these oils below will help to create a state of rest. Use them in a diffuser or topically throughout the day:
This information has been put together to help women with hormonal imbalances. It is not here to suggest any cure, to suggest stopping medication, etc. If you are taking medication and are unsure of adding anything new into your day, please consult your doctor before taking anything new.
To order doTERRA supplements and essential oils go to my website which is www.mydoterra.com/anotherwayhealth
To book a 1 to 1 with me to discuss doTERRA products further please contact me on 07894 034406 or email@example.com
I run free classes on oily education as well as coming to your home to chat to you and a few friends about essential oils and how you can incorporate them into your lives.
Hope you have found this useful